Monday, May 17, 2010

Day 3 (05/17/2010):

Flint, MI à Portage, WI


 

Driving, driving, and more driving. I have discovered the joy of crossword puzzles on the more boring stretches of road. Our journey was pretty much stop-free except for a turn around after dad's poor navigation (when I was being the navigator! It's like he doesn't trust me with a map!), lunch in a town called St. Joseph on Lake Michigan (yummy greek food), coffee/tea break in Madison, stop just outside of Madison to check out the Gander Mountain there (REALLY cool store, kind of like REI, but with more hunting stuff), and dinner/hotel in Portage. From our hotel window you can see cows, which is kind of awesome. I would say I got to see Chicago, except I didn't. The drivers opted to driver farther from the city to avoid traffic – so sad. The driving hasn't become particularly horrid yet, but there is still time for all the time together to get annoying. After dinner we had a funny sighting: 8+ dogs in a truck cab – makes my carried sounds downright wonderful! Tomorrow we continue our journey to the Badlands/ Mount Rushmore and then to Yellowstone. Hopefully there won't be TOO much snow because the warm weather jackets are somewhat buried.


 

Summary of the day – Wisconsin is beautiful, crosswords are good fun, Cows are awesome, there is such a thing as too many dogs in a car.

No comments:

Post a Comment