Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Almost Baked and reminiscing

I am 2 days from being 36 weeks pregnant! (37 weeks is considered full-term, 40 weeks is the whole deal, 42 weeks is "holy cow, I'm 2 weeks overdue!)  Scarily, I went into labor 2 weeks ago, however....

Things are holding steady!

Thanks to bedrest, Nifedipine (which I'm off of now, at almost 36 weeks), and more bedrest.
NOT how I anticipated spending my last weeks of pregnancy...

I've never been good at doing nothing.  and being mostly confined while doing 'nothing' (reading, movies, tv shows get old pretty quick - especially when you're nesting instinct has kicked in) has given me lots of time to think, and what I've realized is this:

It's been a crazy, eventful 2 years!

In the past 2 years I have:

Grad class 2010

  • Graduated from Grad school:
  •  Moved back to the West Coast from Boston:
  • Gotten Married to my amazing Hubby: 


  • Gotten pregnant: 
  • 'saw' our baby for the first time: 

  • Hit the mile markers of pregnancy!  
12 weeks

18 weeks

20 weeks

26 weeks

29 weeks

30 weeks

31 weeks

32 weeks

33 weeks

35 weeks

Look at him pop out!  
A midwife friend of ours estimates that he's about 7 lbs right now and we have no idea when he'll actually come!  Could be any day, or a couple weeks.  We'll see!

In basic life stories:
  • Still teaching
  • no longer working at the symphony, thanks to bedrest... Miss it already!
  • Baby's room is starting to look like something!  We're as ready for him as we can be!
Here's hoping all goes smoothly when it goes - no promises that I'll be posting before then!  

~the errant soprano

No comments:

Post a Comment