Thursday, August 2, 2012

baby gear - episode 2: pacifiers

Sooooo... the great soothing debate!

as a baby, and then a child, and (embarrassingly) almost a preteen I was a huge thumb sucker. its the ultimate of self soothing and it was incredibly hard to break me of the habit. Even after I stopped sucking my thumb consciously, I would wake up sucking my thumb.

with all that in mind, and against recommendations, I brought pacifiers to the hospital. (gasp and judge if you must...)

I brought 2 kinds and we introduced them on day 2.

Baby D only liked one kind and to this day he rejects all others...
Let me introduce you to the Avent Soothie!

videos of D's reactions:
rejection
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0cfvmaooR8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

acceptance!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-Qt0Znh98g&feature=youtube_gdata_player

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny how all babies like different pacifiers! Graham doesn't like the soothie at all, only the Nuk's, he won't even take the Tomee Tipee which are very similar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Declan will definitely not take the tommy tippee...don't know why. loves his soothie, though!

      Delete