Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Four and a half month update. Baby and Mommy

ok.  So I completely failed at getting this out at 4 months, so it's a 4 month and 2 week update.

Baby:
D is doing so well!  He's growing and happy (most of the time), sleeping through the night, fighting naps, eating well, and generally being adorable (when he's not driving me crazy from overtired screaming!).

Milestones he's met:

  • Rolling.  For a long time (3 weeks is a long time now!) he was rolling back to tummy, but only back to tummy.  Now he rolls tummy to back too... baby on the move. Time to babyproof!  
  • Reaching for toys.  He does this more when someone is holding a toy out to him, but he'll pick things up off the floor now too. He just started reaching for things today.  Like purposefully reaching for my hair to pull... Seriously considering cutting it off except... he is so cute when I tickle him with my hair!
  • 'talking' - he coos at us regularly now.  Tells us stories and spreads the love... it's the BEST.THING.EVER.  See? 
  • 'singing' - I'm pretty sure this is what he's trying to do... with a singer for a mommy, how could he not?  :)  I don't have any videos of it, but he'll find a pitch and sort of hum it and then hum notes around it. He is now Humming when he eats - like mommy does!  It's one of my more annoying endearing habits!
  • Supported sitting - if you help, he will sit! Such a big boy
  • Supported Standing - he's been doing this for a while.  
  • Supported 'dancing' - he has two moves that rock - the 'cowboy stomp' and the 'surfer'.  no vids yet, but definitely adorable
  • Laughing - it still takes a lot to get a giggle out of him, but he does laugh and giggle as well as smile now and it's amazing.  
  • Chewing/Teething - the dreaded teething has begun and we have days of screaming for no apparent reason.  mommy-no-like.
  • Playing by himself.  Sort of.  he'll play by himself sometimes which is great because it lets me do things like update this blog!
His Size:
at Birth:                When we took him home:    4 months:
20" long               20" long                              26" long  
6lbs, 14oz           6lbs, 4oz                             15lbs


Postpartum Mind:
honestly, nothing crazy different here other than I'm way more emotional than I used to be.  I have a feeling this'll hang around though... Mrs. I-never-cry now bawls at movies and commercials and sentimental moments... no reason at all.  

Postpartum Body:
Body is nowhere near what it was, but getting closer to fitting in my pre-pregnancy clothes.

Pre-pregnancy  Measurements:           End of Pregnancy:                       4 months Post-partum:
Bust: 32.5"                                         Bust: 35"                                     Bust: 35.5"
Waist: 25"                                          Waist: 40"                                   Waist: 28.5"
Hips: 36.5"                                         Hips: 38"                                     Hips: 37"

                               Photo: 4 months postpartum
awful picture, I know.


I haven't been working out as much as I'd like, but hope to get there soon.  Life with a new baby and a kitchen in re-model is a life in upheaval.  

be back soon with more things relating to life and a fun 'announcement'

~Errant Soprano 

No comments:

Post a Comment