Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Working out a schedule

Hey all,

Poking my head out again - and once again after a long(ish) absence.

Someday I'll get all my ducks in a row, I swear.
(but probably not, lets be real here!)

We've been busy bees over here and I'm finally figuring out how to be a WFHM (Work From Home Mommy) - keeping up with housework, feeding my little family, and caring for a baby as well as doing the little bits of work that I do (aka, teach music lessons).

SYS has wound down for the season, and now the Summer Chamber Workshop is taking over for me.  I have to say, despite not being the most organized in my private life, I relish this opportunity to organize EVERYTHING to keep it going smoothly.  Maybe it'll transfer over to other parts of my life and I'll blog more again!

haha
My Guys at a friend's Birthday party
Anyway. I've gotten us on something of a schedule (Huge thank you to Gina over at the Fitnessista on this one).  I've watched one of my favorite bloggers plan for her week every week and decided to finally take a page from her book and loosely schedule my weekly meals, fitness, and cleaning in advance.  It's made a huge difference in how I shop and tidy and I've actually been managing 3 workouts a week (minimum) again! Woo hooo!  I'm feeling better, my house is looking better, my son is enjoying messing up the house more (re:cheerios everwhere)... it is WIN WIN WIN.

Helping mommy keep the house tidy.  Yeah Right! 
In other news, we are only 1 week away from the big 1!!!!  Can you believe it?  I sure can't.  My sweet boy is turning one and I'm wondering what happened to the past 2 years.  So, quick update of what he's up to now (that I can think of off the top of my head, because you KNOW this was an impromptu, during naptime post):
Check me out!!!

  • He took his first steps... and then a couple more and then a couple more. And then he stopped.  no more solo steps.  
  • He is cruising like crazy, climbing like crazy, and practicing using his go-go gadget arms... yee haw, guard your everything in his presence!
  • Lots of solid foods, eating EVERYTHING then screaming for more.  My boy is a voracious little eater, just like his daddy.
  • singing up a storm, just like mommy (he even hums when he eats like I do!)
  • Lots of syllables, but still no real words, though I swear he knows Mum, Dada, and Nana and uses them accordingly when he feels like it.
  • Lots of his own versions of baby signs, its getting easier and easier to figure out what he wants.
  • 'Dancing'  - whenever we put on music with a strong beat - he particularly likes music like J.Lo's On The Floor for the beat.  He holds on to something and bounces away.
  • careful destruction of everything, particularly to see how things work.  He took apart his cool mist humidifier the other day - oh Joy.
That's all I can think of and I hear a little voice calling me,  so my catch up post will have to end...

TTFN
~Errant Soprano

Mommy's Little speed demon

No comments:

Post a Comment