Thursday, June 27, 2013

Flying

Its funny.
The Days FLY by.  The weeks DRAG on.  The months disappear at light speed.

Can you believe it's almost July?

I can't.  A year ago right now, my son was 1 month old.
This week he is 13 months.  
A walking, babbling, taking things apart, stacking nesting pans, climbing 13 months.
We are in SO much trouble...



Time FLIES, I tell you.

You know what else flies?  The Flies in my house.  Seriously, where did they come from.  GROSS.  ok. Not really a sticking point, but we had some lovely rainy weather for 3 days earlier this week and they all decided to move in.  And now it's supposed to be almost 100*F today. and over 100 until the 3rd of July.
EEEEEEEW (p.s. I fail at screen shots, sorry)


Anyway. I've not been here blogging, (surprise, surprise) because I've been working.  Ok. really.  no excuses.  Shall I list the life?


  • Baby Boy turned 1 and is now no longer baby boy, but Toddler Boy.  oh Boy. 
  • I took on a summer project working with the local youth symphony that is keeping me BUSY on top of my regular teaching/being a mommy schedule.  
  • Trying to get back in Shape.  No. Really.  I've actually been doing really well on this for the past couple of months and it's showing.  I'm doing Fitnessista's Summer Shape Up (and it's kicking my butt). A recent Body Mass Caliper experiment resulted in this:  
  • Can you read it?  17% body fat.  WHOAH


  • Weddings!  Two of my Hubby's lovely stepsibs are tying the knot this summer and several of my friends are doing the same.  SO Exciting.  and crazy.  :)  
So, Things are crazy. As usual.  And there is my excuse.

I keep hoping to get my butt back to blogging REGULARLY.  I have so much to say, right?  And so many posts I want to share.  It's not like my life is particularly exciting, but its a life worth having with an adorable TODDLER boy, and fun and love going around.  So, soon. 

In the meantime.  Here's what the little tyke is up to.  
  • Walking (eek)
  • Climbing (double eek!)
  • Babbling (All.The.Time. but, no real words yet other than Mmmummm, dada, nana.  We swear he's just going to break out in sentences one day)
  • Dancing!  
  • Singing!  
  • 'playing' the piano 
  • Fighting sleep (always, but when he's down, he's down)
  • Shape Sorter!  He's doing it!  :)
  • 'Reading' Books
  • Working on figuring out door handles (triple eek!)
  • teething!  we're up to 7 teeth so far.  4 bottom, 3 top.  he's lopsided and its SO cute when he gives you a cheezer grin.

That's all I can think of for the moment.  Have a lovely day all!  I'll leave you with a birthday cake photo!

And if you're looking for a fitness thing - Try out that Summer Shape Up.  you will NOT regret it!

~Errant Soprano

No comments:

Post a Comment