Friday, March 14, 2014

30 weeks

I'm 30 weeks already!

I swear, this pregnancy is flying by.  There are some things from my first pregnancy that I miss-  like getting to take a babymoon.  We're just too busy to sneak off and I feel bad leaving Dec for a weekend.  I haven't yet left him overnight!

So, I know I haven't done pregnancy updates at all this time, but it might be fun to just check in anyway.

At this point in my pregnancy...
Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now and weighs almost 3 pounds (about the size of a large cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will shrink as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. 
SOURCE

So, I'm chugging along in this pregnancy and I have to share that pants are so not comfortable this time!  I'm all about dresses and skirts. Along those lines I've just recently discovered maxi skirts... I know, they've been around forever, but I was never one to go for them. Until now!

 

This skirt is seriously the most comfortable thing ever!  and I've been loving this flowy cardigan thing.  it's a sweatshirt material and OH SO COMFY! I love feeling cute while I still feel comfy this pregnancy.

Quick facts about this pregnancy:

  • I can feel baby move SO much more this time.  And he's an active one!
  • Dec likes patting 'baby brother' and giving him kisses.  If you ask him where baby brother is he generally pats the nearest adult stomach (usually mine) or pokes himself in the belly.  It's hilarious and cute!
  • I'm freaking out about how things are going to go with Dec after the new baby comes.  He's so curious about babies and is so sweet and gentle with them.  However, I've noticed this week that while he prefers independent play when I'm available and ready and willing to play with him, the second my attention is on someone else (aka, if I'm teaching and he has to be here for some reason) he just wants mommy and becomes a crazy, attention-seeking, screaming, turning the keyboard off toddler. So I'm understandably nervous about the transition! 
  • My tailbone and pelvic structure is feeling much more painful this time - I think because I'm carrying Dec as well as being pregnant.  (and I haven't been doing as much yoga this time)
Generally, this time my pregnancy hasn't been the main place where I'm placing my attention, where last time, ALL my attention was on my pregnancy!  

I'll leave you with these cheery flowers that my hubby brought home Wednesday night!

Happy Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment