Sunday, June 24, 2012

3.5 weeks later...


so... it's been three and a half weeks (where did the tie go?) and we are still figuring everything out over here. One thing that has been a surprise (unpleasant) to me is the healing time for ME.  I guess I thought throughout my pregnancy that I would  be up and at 'em 2 weeks after having the baby... boy was I wrong..
post-delivery hot mess... I lost about 1600ml of blood! this taken during 2nd blood transfusion
8I guess I have to remember that the delivery was much worse than anticipated and I have so many stitches from that (I don't want to know HOW many) and lost so much blood, that a longer recovery is only to be expected.  :(  on the plus side I have been shrinking pretty quickly if you consider how big I was...


almost 37 
weeks



8 days postpartum






In baby news, we seem to have mostly figured out breastfeeding and it seems to be starting to hurt less as time goes by.  (hooray!). At his last doctor's appointment, he weighed 7lbs, 2 oz (up almost a pound from his weight when we brought him home).  That was a 2 week appointment - he is 4 weeks on Tuesday!  the little munchkin gets cuter every day, and we are all so in love with him! He seems to get bigger every day and we are moving into the size 1 diapers!  0_0  as soon as i'm more up to laundry (re: slow recovery) it will be time for us to transition to the cloth diapers that I've been so excited to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment