Thursday, June 28, 2012

4 week postpartum update

I was going to write this on the 4 week mark  but some crazy things happened...

rehearsal didn't happen Monday night. Super bad cramps struck and I ended up curled up, crying in pain on the couch.

Tuesday I was feeling better, so Dec and I went on our first outing...only got about 3 miles from the house, but it felt great to be driving again!

Declan and i also had our first mommy friend date where i left the house on my own power. then i came home and in my foray to the bathroom, felt something solid in my vagina. so, i called labor and delivery and they sent me to the ER. the ER doc brought in an OB/GYN, the OB said, i need to get you into an OR. and off I went for my 2nd emergency surgery since Dec was born... I haven't had confirmation yet, but the OB who did this surgery said that what I felt was some retained placenta-which is what had been making my cramps so bad. I'm now on antibiotics and feeling incredibly lucky that we caught it before I went septic. now I'm home enjoying my little boy, who gets cuter every day!

hopefully now my recovery will be quick and uneventful and I'll come back soon with better pictures of the 4-5 week post-partum body!

~ the errant soprano



No comments:

Post a Comment