Thursday, February 6, 2014

Pregnancy with a Toddler

Oy.

That about sums it up!

I wasn't prepared for it at all.  I thought I was.  But it's different this time. SO different!

I skated by with my first.  This one has more of those icky icky pregnancy things that I didn't get with my first.  Sciatica would be the biggest one.  and Insomnia.  Holy Insomnia.  I will not miss you at all!

The hardest part has been taking care of our little monkey.  He's reaching that age where they push all the boundaries and it's been tricky to keep my patience some days!  I'm more tired than usual and the mild sciatica this times makes it hard to haul my 26 (maybe more) pounder around.  I also blame him for my failure to gain much weight this time... I'm still hovering around 7lbs total gain - at 25 weeks!  With declan I had gained about 12-15!

He also hasn't figured out that mommy is growing a baby in her belly and the belly isn't just his own personal pillow/landing pad!  Luckily he's generally super gentle with younger children and babies, so I hold out hope that it will be relatively smooth sailing once the little one arrives!  

I've been much better about belly pictures this time (I get Hubby to take them, so they are less awkward than last time) and can share the progression of a second belly!

16 weeks!
18 weeks
23 weeks (with a yucky Cold)
24 weeks!
I feel like I grew faster this time but the belly is about the same!


Happy February!  I'll be back with more later!  Including -
 things my toddler does, Inspired by this post by my Sister-in-Law.  Read it for the laughs, stay for the cute pictures (and to spot my toddler!)
and What fitness looks like this pregnancy!

Have a lovely day!

~Errant Soprano

No comments:

Post a Comment